Friday, June 1, 2012

It's time for the June Meetup!

Happy Summertime! Vintage Vogue Spain photo via Quite Continental




 I don't believe it is already June...and Summer. Well, I must say, May was a pretty good month for me. I had a piece and some prints in SFEtsy gallery show at Studio Gallery. I finished a couple of custom pieces and got 10 new necklaces finished. I also went on my first camping trip of the year and attended San Francisco Small Business Week classes as well as a finishing few new illustrations.

So what's up for June? Bluehour Studio is going in a slightly different direction towards editorial work now and I need to build my portfolio up...

  1. Get at least one new Editorial piece done a week. 
  2. Continue the Ladies & Gents series add 4 more portraits this month.
  3. Create a few more Victorian Children to series.
  4. Work fridays for New Bohemia Signs.
  5. Go through the Artists & Writers Market and find publications that fit...start list of dream publications.
  6. Work on creating a wonderful Behance page...
  7. Hopefully creating a wonderful Dribbble page...(anyone know how to score a invite?)
  8. Join in a few SFEtsy events. 
  9. Create a illustration for Illustration Friday.
  10. Find more blogs and websites to showcase my Etsy shop.
  11. Be more social online. After two years of  doing this thing I'm still really shy...
  12. Start my diet.
  13. Design mailers to send to publishers.
  14. Update official website to be ready to send to publishers .
  15. Keep adding new work to my Etsy shop (Goal is 80 pieces by October)
  16. Work on getting 2 custom portraits a month.
  17. Go on more bike rides with my hubby!
  18. Start researching for art fairs to apply to in fall.
  19. Get back to a better blogging schedule...I really need to improve this. (Do you blog better in writing blocks or as a daily thing?)
 Ok...I think that is enough for June. (Ha ha...Yikes)I'm getting better at getting more work done but I still need to get much more accomplished to make this business to really work.

So what happens in the summer for you guys? Do you do more or relax more now the weather is calling you? How do you keep from being distracted. Do you have any big summer plans? I'll be visiting my family back east for a week or so in July and I am so excited to get a  break, enjoy some real summertime life along a lovely little pond...

I hope you all have a lovely and productive June!

What is the Meetup thing, you ask? It is a group of creatives that encourage each other each month to make and complete their goals. Join us...it is an amazing to watch the progress of others and yourself...
Contact Liz for more info here

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love your plans for June Debbie, and love that you are going for it with the editorial work, hope it goes supremely well for you! And as to rest/work when it's summer, I try to get in a good balance of both, but most times (if I'm being honest with myself) I end up working more. Luckily I Love what I do! Here's to a great June!

Candied Fabrics said...

Woowee, you're stretching your wings in all sorts of directions, hooray for you!!! Hope the editorial work goes well. RE: blogging schedule, I find it best to write a post late in the day and schedule it to be published early the next morning. That helps me not spend my really creative time blogging, and yet keeps me feeling like I've done some marketing each day too.

Have a great June!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...