Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do you relax?

Apple Blossoms by bluehour studio
 Last week my husband and I went off to Guerneville, CA to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. It was amazing to have the ability to unplug for a few days and just stop. Stop working, stop worrying about work and try to relax. But it was more difficult than I imagined to take a few days off. I just kept thinking about all I should have been doing...

When you own a small business, we are expected to work all the time. Weekends are always there for us to play catch up with whatever we were supposed to have gotten done during the week. And truthfully, financially, it is hard to take a long vacation these days to really get away. So what does one do?  How do you get yourself to truly relax?

I've been pretty tense in the last few months after opening up my Etsy shop. I suppose I thought it would be easier to get my work noticed. (Basically, I've been super stressed lately.) During our getaway we had a masseuse visit us and she gave me a Swedish Massage. And, let me tell you, it was great. I was full of tension, and she worked it out of my shoulders, neck and back. She released tons of toxins that were stuck inside my body, which was great but now a few days later, I am sick and have a killer cold. Talk about my body forcing me to really stop for a few days. Yuck...

One thing I learned is that I need to get back to meditating and exercising. Do any of you have secrets to relaxing you care to share? What do you do do when you are super busy and need to relax at the same time? How do you find balance...

Ahhh...Balance. Does it really exsist? This is something I need to figure out in order to be a truly successful artist. I think my March quest will be to find a few techniques for relaxation and ways of getting closer to some sort of balance in life. I'll be sure to share what I find.

2 comments:

Addie K said...

The most fun and effective way I know to release tension and learn how to process and release stuff that gets built up in the body is by going to http://laurahamesfranklin.com/blog/
and doing a couple of the short videos led by Laura and friends. It is easy to pick the topics that speak to you most on any given day and some are so effective and fun I end up repeating them every day on my own. Get well and take care!

Unknown said...

Thanks Addie. I will definitely check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...