Thursday, February 23, 2012

Something New...Victorian Children Portraits

I've been wanting to create some children's portraits as part of my Victorian Series. These will be illustrations of kids in all sorts of situations and with one thing in common they all live in a orphanage and are dying to get out.

The first portrait I've done is of Hattie. She is 8 years old and a bit of a wild child.

Little Hattie


Hattie in a frame
Hattie Closeup
I'm pretty excited about these new portraits. Hattie kind of tugs at my heart...I'm going to do a set of nursery prints too.

Sorry I have been a bit absent around the blog these days. I've been working on a bunch of new artwork, including some custom portraits. Woo Hoo! I think being too busy to blog can be a good thing, don't you?

It is my 4 year wedding anniversary and my husband and I are taking a mini break. I'm gonna come back
 refreshed and ready to get back at it. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend too!

FYI Hattie is now available in the shop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...