Monday, September 6, 2010

A Pinnacles weekend.

Another wonderful weekend in the woods. I went to Pinnacles National Monument with some friends to get out of the city and spend the weekend out in nature. It is amazing to sleep under the stars, get away and clear out my mind while visiting some animals and doing some hiking.  We hiked about 8.5 miles straight up the mountain in the 90 degree heat. It was damned hot...We climbed through dark caves and over ridges. 

It was pretty good until my knees gave out and I tripped and got myself bloody. Yay, 39th birthday....Oh well. It was a good time. I'm ready to get back to work tomorrow and working on the sketches on the mini book. I'm happy to be back in my comfortable bed and get a little shut eye. Here are a few pics from my trip...

The bunny from the campground.

Stairs coming up from the caves.

A tree that grows anywhere.

No swimming alllowed!!!

Bluejay

Entrance to the caves.

Weird fluffy vines.
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...