Ok...Well July was a crazy month...camping, birthdays, quests, getting together with friends, so busy with living life. I now realize SUMMER may not be the best time to start a business, oh well...
This month I got a lot of stuff started but not that much finished. Here is how my July went...
I am proud to say all my startup business stuff is done. I'm fully licensed and got all my bank accounts and everything done, I published my ads in the local papers (a requirement in San Francisco). It feel good that all if this is done. I just hope I haven't forgotten anything...
I've been getting the hang of the blog thing and have been getting used to writing more frequently along with putting more on Twitter, Facebook and Flickr. It has been pretty fun watching how it all really works and getting more comfortable with finding my voice and speaking out. I did manage to change my blogger header and I think it gives a lot more color to the blog.
Although I haven't finished any of the pieces 100%...I figure July was a month of just getting some drawing done. I has been so long since I've had the time to just sketch/draw. .. I will be working on completing these in August.
Here are a few of my "works in progress":
My August Goals:
- Complete all my paintings I've been sketching (I have about 15 ).
- Get better at completing paintings for Illustration Friday(Isn't it amazing how quick the week flies by?)
- Create some new themes on the blog.
- Continue doing more paintings for my portfolio
- Find some volunteer opportunities (I'm starting out at AIGA and San Francisco Center for the Book soon). This will help me get to know more people in the real world and get me some new experiences.
- Find better Time Management Solutions. I still need to figure out a balance here.
- Continue looking for new stories to illustrate. Illustrate them.
I think that is enough for the next month. What do you think?
For those wondering about "The Meetup", it is a monthly goal setting group in which we all encourage to GET THINGS DONE! More info about joining up...here.