Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Work...Emily Dickinson

Here's the second painting for my series, The Writer's Project.

Miss Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets. Her work is so heartbreaking and sincere. I can help but feel such sadness and loneliness when I read her work. I tend to wonder, would her life have been any different if more of her poems were known before her death? Or was she happy to keep herself and everything else locked up in her little room?


 If I Can Stop

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
- Emily Dickinson





Much Madness

Much madness is divinest sense
To a discerning eye;
Much sense the starkest madness.
’T is the majority
In this, as all, prevails.
Assent, and you are sane;
Demur,—you ’re straightway dangerous,
And handled with a chain.

- Emily Dickinson

 






I hope you like her. And as always, this print is now available in my shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your painting of Emily in google images, and had to visit the page and tell you (assuming you paintd/drew it), that I absolutely love it! It's perfectly splendid and does Emily much justice! (This coming from someone who adores her to no end)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! She was really fun to draw.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...