Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let's Focus on Illustration



Last night I went to a talk about blogging at the Makeshift Society. One of the speakers was Victoria Smith of SF Girl by Bay, one of my all time favorite bloggers. I was so happy and inspired to talk to her for a bit. I'm amazed at all she has accomplished on her own.  It got to thinking about my own blog and what direction it is going in.

So here's what I'm thinking...I've got a lot to learn about being a professional freelancer. I've gone as far as I can on this level and would like to see what else there is in the world. I would like to share a bit of this learning experience with my readers. Maybe what I'm learning will help others on their art journey too.

After a years of reflection, I've come to realize that some of my favorite things such as helping others, doing research and illustration might actually be a good thing to share with the world. Maybe this sharing thing might be the one thing that is missing right now.

One of the biggest things that I have learned in the last few months is the importance of community. I think one has to surround themselves with creative folks to take some of the pressure off themselves. I mean, no one wants to do everything alone. We all need a cheerleader or two.

 The next few months I will be focusing a bit more on graphic design and layout. I won't bore you too much but I'll be putting may hours into taking Lynda.com online computer classes. This summer, I will also be publishing my first book collaboration. I'm pretty damn excited about this and will be sharing a bit more after I meet with the author again in early June.

Here's to learning new ideas and sharing them with the world!

P.S. As a reader, do you like the idea of sharing? Is there anything you would like me to focus on?
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...