|School Children with Teachers Under Magnolia Trees on Oxford Street by Charles C. Zoller c. 1910|
Wow, the year is certainly flying! Here's to a fabulous new month! I'm really excited about March. I'm ready to get out and get things done.
In the past, I had been sharing my monthly business goals but stopped because I got too busy, or so I thought. But truthfully, I kind of miss them. It is pretty empowering to create a public set of goals don't you think?
So what have I been up to? The last few months have been OK as far as illustration goes. I have been steadily working on my book project and had a bunch custom portraits completed. Etsy has been a great learning experience and I think I am finally getting how it all works (although it could be much better).
As far as March goes, I have a bit of news, I recently became one of the leaders of SFEtsy! It is so exciting for me. It will be a lot of work but I am really happy to get to know a bunch of new people and shops (There are over 850 members shops in SFEtsy). As a bonus, I think it will teach me more about marketing as I learn through helping the other shops promote their artwork.
Here's my March Goals:
- Continue working on the book. The goal is 6 pages a month. I'm almost on schedule...BTW, the books has been really fun so far. I'm illustrating my way through a light historical tale and really getting into the fun of Medieval Europe.
- Redo website. It is time to get this as professional as possible.
- Become a Adobe InDesign Expert! I will be designing my book and need to make sure this process is as easy as possible.
- Add original pieces to my Etsy Shop.
- Add new prints to shop. I am working on some new animals right now.
- Work on my Storenvy shop.
- Read "The Fire Starter Sessions" by Danielle Laporte. (Has anyone done this?)
- Read, "Grow Your Own Business" by Kari Chapin.
- Research my next steps...
- Get more involved with The Makeshift Society.
What's that saying, "March Comes in Like A Lion"? Well, Roar...
Do you have any big plans coming up this month?
Hope you all have a wonderfully productive and happy March! Do you have any big plans coming up?