Mlle. C.H. Dufau painting Via Library of Congress
It been a very interesting month. I was excited about the upcoming SFEtsy show that opens tomorrow. Woo Hoo! Most of last month was spent getting ready for the art show. I'm only showing one original and some prints but I had to totally work my Etsy shop to reflect the sizes and prices the gallery wanted. April was a huge learning experience and I am excited about what's next.
May is going to be another busy month. And I'm switching focus a bit.
- I want to start focusing on the bigger picture with my illustrations. I want to start focusing on editorial work.This will require a lot of research and learning about the industry. Can any of you recommend any good books on getting into the publication world?
- Get a better blogging schedule. I've lost my way a bit and really need to get back to posting at least 2 to 3 times a week.
- Add more pieces to shop. Add more folk tale illustrations (seasons series). Learn about SEO and better tagging.
- Work on some editorial for my portfolio. I think I need at least 15 editorial pieces by the end of summer.
- Get Jewelry done! Consign to shops and add to shop!
- Work on new custom portraits.
- Create a couple samples for custom portraits.
- Go camping...get out of the house and into nature.
- Get back on an exercise schedule.
- Research local art fairs, apply to at least one for this summer.
- Apply to more galleries.
- Work on money fears issues. I am currently reading, "Overcoming Underearning" by Barbara Stanny. I highly recommend this book. It has really been blowing my mind.
So what is your month like? I hope you all have a super creative and highly productive May!
What is the Meetup thing, you ask? It is a group of creatives that encourage each other each month to make and complete their goals. Join us...it is an amazing to watch the progress of others and yourself...
Contact Liz for more info here.