Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Not An Expert But...on Spirtuality Vs the Brain Spin

I figure if I could just calm my damn brain down I could rule the world. Or at least get my illustration business going a little more clearly. All I need to to is learn to meditate and breath,  right? That's what I keep hearing anyway.

  thank you Smithsonian Magazine

Here is my new daily ritual:

1. Make some herb tea. It is a nice thank you to your body after your meditation.
2. Light a candle. It always helps me get into the "zone"
3. Sit on couch legs crossed indian style, or what ever is most comfortable to you.
4. Sit up a bit straighter than usual.
5.Hands in lap.
6. Close your eyes.
7. Take some deep breaths
8. Try to knock away thoughts as they arise, don't worry to much about this though.
9. Breath some more, deeply.
10. Do this for about 5 to 10 minutes, or more if you wish. Set a timer, so you aren't always looking at a clock.
11. Try to do this daily
12. See what happens to your sense of calm.



I'm trying to do this because of my crazy lack of concentration and swells of anxiety I sometimes get. Here is a sketch I did this morning of how I've been feeling.

Basically I need to figure out so much stuff, with running my own business and creating a whole world of illustrations. It has been a little over two weeks since I have started this freelance thing and it is like creating a whole new world for myself.

I'm sure there are a lot of you in my same situation. How did you do it? Any secrets to share?

3 comments:

Addie K said...

I applaud your endeavor! A few things that help me focus on my business -- remember why I am doing it, seek new inspiration, have fun even if it is not on your to-do list. And be realistic about how much time things will take, overwhelming yourself with expectations is never productive. Oh, and get out of the house, for at least for a walk, every day!

Unknown said...

Thanks Addie,
I think I'll hit a stride eventually and the getting out of the house thing is key. A daily walk would be most helpful. See you this weekend, then you are off to your new adventure.Yay!

Unknown said...

I really need to incorporate meditation in my routine (for concentration & anxiety also) and your post reminded me of that. I had it on my new year goals but, it's now um June! Hope you have been better at keeping up with it then I have. Good luck with your business! - Kristen (Meet Up)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...