Friday, May 14, 2010

This is what makes me tick...Lewis Carroll

Did you ever just connect with a time period?

I swear I was born 100 years too late. I love the Victorian era and adore early photography. One of my favorite photographers is Charles Dodgson aka Lewis Carroll.  Of course, I love  "Alice Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" but most of all, I love the photo's he took.
There is so much sadness in all of them. In our culture, we get so used to seeing children with happy faces all the time it seems so strange to see them with such infinite sadness in their faces. There is something very real about these kids and so beautiful. They haunt me.


so wonderfully creepy...

sweet dreams are made of these...

Of course, the REAL Alice...
No one gets that horsie...

Striped socks and dead plant...

There is a story in each of these pics...maybe I'll write and illustrate one.

1 comment:

heidi said...

Hi Debbie! Love this post... sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong time period, too. If you ever write/illustrate a story like this, I want to see it. Flourish has been great for me... excited to see what's to come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...