Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New Writers Portrait Illustration: Lewis Carroll Portrait

Here is my latest portrait for my illustrated watercolor series, "The Writers Project". Say hello to Lewis Carroll, one of my all time favorite writers. I was always in love with his writing as a teenager and as I grew older, I found a deep love of his photography.
 “There is a place, like no place on earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger. Some say, to survive it, you need to be as mad as a hatter. Which, luckily, I am.” 
Lewis Carroll
Lewis Carroll and the Cheshire Cat



Lewis Carroll byOscar Gustav Rejlander, 1863



Lewis is now available in the shop here.

In other news, I've started working at my husbands' sign shop part time. And I must admit, I think it will be really good for me. As a freelance illustrator, I spend a lot of time by working by myself. I think you really need to have the right personality be able do that well. I given my freelance illustration world  almost four years of my life trying to make it work, and I think it does to some point, but now I am ready to get back to working and being around people. I truly am a people person. I think I have learned enough to be able to balance my illustration career with my job.



Quick question...Is anyone else more successful at getting work done when they have less time to procrastinate?

So...here's to more work, excepting new challenges and finding a better balance in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...